LEXINGTON FOUR DISTRICT MOTTO
Ensuring Student Performance at the Highest Level
OUR PURPOSE AT SANDHILLS PRIMARY SCHOOL
Our purpose is to lay the foundation for students to be college, career,
and citizenship ready by honoring their diverse needs in an environment
where risk-taking and interests are honored.
· Every student must be engaged in learning that is purposeful and rigorous.
· Every student should have a safe, respectful, and nurturing learning community that values individual student needs and is the shared responsibility of the child, family, school, and community.
· Every student must have equal access to high quality educators and programs.
All staff at SPS will:
· Build relationships: If we get to know our students personally, we can more readily make connections that will lead to inspiration, motivation, and progress. (Preparing the heart and mind for learning)
· Focus on learning: The fundamental purpose of our lives in the classroom must be student learning. (Conceptualizing our students’ learning and helping children to become creators and empathizers)
· Use assessments: We must analyze assessments and use the data to make instructional decisions.
· Be reflective: Extend grace to ourselves when things don't go the way we want, and refine our practice so they will next time.